Puyallup Area Mom’s
Gratitude Scavenger Hunt
Below are some great ideas of things to FIND or DO with your family to show your gratitude for the community we live in. These are just a couple ideas, we’d love to hear your ideas or what you did with your family to complete the Gratitude Scavenger Hunt!
Something that is good for you
Go for a nature walk at Wildwood Park. Bundle up and get outside for some fresh air, it’s good for you. This park is full of great walking trails and plenty of nature to enjoy. It also has a great playground for the kids!
Something that is helpful to others
- Volunteer at one of the several local organizations who help people in need.
- Donate food to one of the several Thanksgiving food drives different businesses and organizations have going on. These are just a couple going on. Several schools also are doing Thanksgiving Food Drives for the local Food Bank.
Something to do or give that makes someone else smile
- Invite someone to your Thanksgiving dinner who doesn’t have anyone to spend it with.
- Deliver a meal. This may be Thanksgiving leftovers or a meal in general to someone who may need one.
Something that makes you feel strong
Something that tastes good
- Tasty local treat
- Dr.Terry’s Pies– If you haven’t tried one of these AMAZING pies, you’re missing out! And he’s got a buy 3, get one free special going on this month!
- Stop into one of the Anthem Coffee Shops and gobble up a baked good made by The Vintage Baker. WARNING: They’re delicious!
- Hometown Charm Cafe– Their pies and pumpkin bars are beyond DELICIOUS!
Someone you are grateful for
- Thank a Veteran, Military Personnel and/or Public Service employee for keeping us safe. Maybe make them a card and take them some treats too.
- Tell a friend or family member that you are grateful for them and all they do for you.
Something that makes a beautiful sounds
- High School musicals
- Take a walk by one of the several local rivers and listen to the roaring waters.
Something that brings others happiness
- Paint rocks & hide them- Check out Fred’s creative art for FREE rock painting classes.
- Write positive notes to leave in the community
- Spend time with a senior and listen to their stories.
Something that impacts your community
- Clean up a park or public space
- Donate Blood- Bethany Baptist Church and Tehaleh both have blood drives going on this month.
Something that surprises someone
- Pay it forward at the drive thru.
- Bring someone coffee or a treat and tell them you are grateful for them.
Once again, these are just a couple ideas, we’d love to hear your ideas or what you did with your family to complete the Gratitude Scavenger Hunt!